Doors are essential for households. They come in various styles and are made out of distinct materials. Some types include wood & timber, fiberglass, security, metal, fire and plastic doors.
Wood & timber doors are known to be one of the most attractive style doors nowadays. They have excellent durability and insulation, which has proved to drastically reduce noise from outdoors.
1) Require maintenance and must be sealed before or during the time of installation.
2) Require resealing every 2 years.
3) Risk for chipping, sagging and/or wearing away over time.
Fiberglass doors have proved to be customizable, energy efficient and durable over time. They are extremely hardwearing compared to other materials and can resist dents and scratches. This type of door offers top-notch security and it doesn’t deteriorate over time, which proves it requires low maintenance.
1) This type of door is quite expensive compared to other style doors.
2) Severe impact can damage these doors.
Security doors are generally made out of steel. They are comparably inexpensive and are known to be weather resistant. They also offer security and require little maintenance.
1) Dents can be hard to fix and scratches can cause rusting sometimes.
2) Less durable than fiberglass doors.
Metal doors are durable and low maintenance. There is a huge range of options that are associated with metal doors and they can be painted easily.
1) Risk of rusting
2) Risk of denting
3) Cold and heat can move through the door.
Fire doors are extremely useful since they prevent the access of smoke during a fire. These can be life saving and impactful during the emergency of this type of calamity.
Plastic (PVC) doors have been known to be quite durable and low maintenance to use. They provide great insulation properties and are sold at cheap prices. They are also lightweight and can be installed with less effort than other doors.
1) Risk of degrading when exposed to sunlight.
2) Lackluster appearance.
3) Not as strong since they are made out of lightweight materials.