Quality from Vienna since 1845 Around 170 years ago, Elias Bakalowits founded the chandelier manufactory that today supplies elegant models and lighting creations to the whole world. The company remains in family ownership to this day, now in the fifth generation. Rise to become one of the finest suppliers of crystal chandeliers Ludwig, the son of Elias, made the Bakalowits lamp manufactory famous throughout the Austro-Hungarian empire. The company was appointed to the position of Imperial and Royal Court Purveyor with a lighting order for the new Imperial Palace and the Redoutensäale under Emperor Franz Joseph in 1892. International exports of luminaires from 1885 1885 First exports to America and Asia 1900 Exhibition of the chandeliers of Bakalowits at the World Exhibition in Paris, further exhibitions in London, Geneva, St. Petersburg and Turin 1928 First patents for crystal chandeliers and technical drawings, manufacturing restricted until 1945 because of the war, much damage and loss 1955 Order to provide new illuminations for buildings in Vienna (some of which had been destroyed): Parliament Burgtheater City Hall Vienna State Opera St. Stephen's Cathedral 1960 Start of the close cooperation with architects in the Middle East and Far East. Highlight since then: biggest chandelier ever built (for the parliament building in Belgrade) A trail of light runs around the world from Vienna. The history of Bakalowits Licht Design experiences new highlights every year. Today, KR Prof. Friedl Bakalowits is the fifth generation to head up the family company.