Choose Bricks online @Wishkarma
Brick is the simplest and most ancient of all building materials. It is a very popular building material used in the construction of residential and commercial buildings. Brick is basically used in the construction of brick walls. It is also used in flooring, partition wall, retaining walls, etc. Bricks are used as per its different colors, sizes, and orientations to get different surface designs. As an aesthetic material, bricks can be used as facing bricks, cladding, architectural purposes are known exposed brickwork. For exposed work, you need good and evenly sized bricks. It is easy to handle and more durable. In the market, bricks are available as a number of bricks. Wishkarma's extensive catalog of bricks from the best manufacturers and brands across the globe helps you find the right brick online, all you need to do is click on the product and get connected to the manufacturer or the brand instantaneously.
Exposed Brick Work: Exterior Walls, facing bricks, cladding, architectural purposes – First Class Bricks
- First Class Bricks has standard brick dimensions (19 x 9 x 9cm) with sharp edges, evenly burnt and free from efflorescence (salt deposits)
Interior walls, and exterior walls with plastering – Second Class Bricks
- Second class Bricks has an allowance of slight irregularities in size, shape, and color.
Temporary Structures in the strictly dry area – Third Class Bricks
- Third class bricks are not fully burnt bricks with reddish yellow color with irregularities in shapes and sizes.
Aggregate in concrete – Fourth Class Bricks
- Fourth Class Bricks are the scrape ones, that are over burnt and brittle. They can be used in broken form as an aggregate in concrete.
How to check the quality of the brick?
- Bricks should be well burnt. It should have a uniform reddish color and no patches of lighter or darker shade.
- Bricks should be free from efflorescence. To check efflorescence on brick, soak brick in water for 24 hours, if it shows white deposits of salts, it shouldn’t be used.
- Which type of soil is used for making of brick? Clayey soil or sandy soil.
- It should produce a clear ringing sound on being struck together.
- It should have sharp and uniform edges, else the wall will not be in the plan and you have to do extra thickness of plaster.
Brick should be fire resistant, moisture resistant, sound insulated, termite resistant, etc. It is reusable and recyclable. Bricks are typically produced in common or standard sizes in bulk quantities.The standard brick dimensions are 190 mm x 90 mm x 90 mm. With mortar thickness, the size of brick becomes 230 mm x 110 mm x 70 mm according to IS standards. It should not exceed 3 mm tolerances in length and 1.5 mm tolerances in width and height.
What else can you find in Wishkarma Wishkarma houses the world's largest catalogue of building construction material ranging from furniture, lamps & lighting, kitchen & dining, hardware & electrical, bath accessories, bar accessories, Garden and Outdoor Products to tiles, windows, cement, steel, bricks etc